This blog post is part of my Pre-Event Prep Series, I have two more following this. As I have had many questions on how to prep for special events so I thought I will start off with this as the event of Eid is coming up. This blog post is aimed at women but most of the points are universal so anyone can join in. Don’t worry guys I will also be doing a men’s special post for an event prep next. So let’s get straight into it.
1. Identify the date your event is.
Once you have identified your date you can begin to organise yourself around that. Don’t leave things to last minute. Get yourself organised and give yourself enough time.
2. Once you have identified your date of your event you prep can begin that week.
After you have all your outfit shopping out of the way you begin your prep, this is best suited 2 days before this special event but can be done the night before.
- Use a hair mask or put some hair oil on your hair the night before your bath.
- Use some bath salts in your bath 1-2 days before your event and yes have a bath and scrub down. Make sure you use some sort of exfoliant for this, either an exfoliating glove or stone followed by a liquid exfoliant with small bits in it.
- Moisturise your hands and body well after your bath.
3. If you want/need to remove any body hair, go ahead and do so. If you don’t want to or need to go ahead and miss this step. It is always best for hair removal after exfoliating as your skin is smooth and ready for this step.
4. Hydrate your body and sleep well.
5. Get a manicure/pedicure done, or do it yourself. Clean presentable nails are very important and are something I love doing. I will be posting a DIY manicure YouTube video for you soon. A neat trick is to moisturise your feet and go to bed with socks up and you’ll wake up to soft feet.
6. Add hair and body oils after to make it appear healthy (and hopefully get healthier in the long run).
7. Paint your nails, add henna or temp tattoo’s to jazz up your look instantly.
Henna by @siya.henna and nail varnish from @hawa__cosmetics
Check out How to make your mendhi dark on the link below.
You are all ready for your event, keep calm and enjoy the day.
Do let me know if this helped, it has been requested due to event season coming this summer. I have two more blogs scheduled for this Event Prep series.